[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How many levels
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: How many levels
- From: Matt Arnold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:07:22 -0400
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 22.214.171.124 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org; dkim=pass (test mode) email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to :received:received:received:received-spf:received:dkim-signature :domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop :mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe :x-beenthere-env:x-beenthere; bh=p61/lPg9XWz7O9qrt73XPK1RTRZusX1jbfBBSwxMNYM=; b=372RZmbD/JfeQsneGIN41DSgfH3sRirEalejPqq6dq75bAvhosm65vvvPZXZIL3khC 6jes4Cft97lRks2ljT5JVOqoUCZTYb6P3A2PIG6A1uvZ/vWEIxW9Dew3IpWk9vwyenP1 EtsHyWyovw0qemQ9Q7gZxbihDgx7ktYE2Ak9w=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=ytUNkj5fx5wByun/lXMcwwgJ+tVJqAhPLcdJ61/BsqM=; b=SBHgjvbXchfpWtcU5XxUz4Ta3hClcvKD3vwADplRDRihUZIj6K1EAz/690J5ZfR1ST bU/s/7+tcjEibh+MhahGu5Z9WDEpGp2RH1G/keb8LnCgsklFg5/Snk1+eEbulNzf1llT sOT5R7wvdpKR6yXArzm4/qvn/WIn64L0T4mgM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=x-sender:x-apparently-to:received-spf:authentication-results :dkim-signature:domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop :mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe :x-beenthere-env:x-beenthere; b=k86bMLTe4K6OOcfWgPi0QSTPDxJDdq6Lfz4jUfbEyXb2zPnlXFiOOgukrHIj/aVqpT gP8VKBFSLCVSuQXfRPK68NcsCYse6s7i0WV89in7Uv+X8ePO3gK2QCiTse7Ju4nxT7BT rN1DzEBWPQo3Z1a1o2a2rW78ElRoemoEDrzHk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=eCv8eDAdxrr3mKzYRI7VeBdTSs9syuxs3hnMzQrVaRQt8UnTDlsZCy8liVozVPf5Ea HoHG/I/nyDAqhz8YikJYZ3G5dnAnG925e4ddlm++o2volSNRE1ibqxFi/IhWCoxgObni myqQ0YyhtOvmqBsSn0CbRSZOC2UhF3TResBXo=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <lojban-lbck.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://googlegroups.com/group/lojban-lbck/subscribe>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list firstname.lastname@example.org; contact email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Your plan looks acceptable to me, with a couple of qualifications.
If I take level 500 and pass it, am I then called a "level 500"?
What happens if we add a level 100* later? Someone who comes along
later has to pay more dues than I did to get to the same level? Or
would we charge me a test fee for 100* when we make it available, but
I don't have to take it? Neither of those seems quite right... did you
have something in mind? That should be handled delicately.
However, it seems easier to make a simpler test than to make a more
advanced one. Personally, I see no reason why not to start from the
earliest level we consider meaningful, and obviate the above
We don't have to work on more than one or two levels at a time. We can
just start at the level 100* test, and work on the next higher only
when we're ready.
Others, what do you think?
* or whatever the earlier level may be, if not 100
2009/9/3 Jorge LlambÃas <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Matt Arnold<email@example.com> wrote:
>> I was hoping to have more tests that test smaller parts of the
>> language. This has several advantages. It has to do with social
>> factors about motivating the human brain.
> We probably don't need to commit to a fixed number of levels at this
> point. We can start working on one test, level-X, then add a second
> test, which depending on how the level-X turns out, it could be higher
> or lower level, then add a third level, and so on. I agree that the
> more levels the better for all the reasons you give, but we may not
> have the resources to work on more than one level at a time. I would
> be extremely happy if we manage to get a single level test up and
> running. What we should probably do is not give the test a name that
> makes it difficult to name other tests above and below it. We might
> call it level-500 if we decide that 500 is the number of tested words
> for the first test that we design. Then we can add a level-100 or a
> level-2000 or whatever if that looks like the best next step.
> mu'o mi'e xorxes