[bpfk-announce] Re: Current checkpoint

On 6/19/07, Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 01:02:13PM -0300, Jorge Llambías wrote:
> On 6/9/07, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I propose that we set the following deadlines for voting on the
> >"Attitudinals and Discursives" checkpoint:
> >
> >June 18: Digressives SEI SEhU TO TOI (Shepherd: Jorge Llambias)
>
> There having been no objections, and no votes against, I would
> like to ask the jatna to declare this section checkpointed.

My aplogies for being late to the party, but I'd really like to see
some more verbiage around sei.  "discursive (metalinguistic) bridi"
doesn't have a lot of meaning by itself; can we expand on it a bit?
Nothing serious.  Perhaps "Used to express the speaker's state,
opinion or beliefs about the surrounding sentence(s)."?  (Assuming
that's right; I never really grokked sei).

Other than that, no objection at all.

OK, I have added that, and a clarification from Lojbab (which I received
late because he had sent it to an account I no longer use). We might
allow a couple more days to give a chance to those who had already
voted to review.

<http://www.lojban.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=BPFK+Section%3A+Digressives>

ki'e mi'e xorxes