[bpfk-announce] Re: BPFK

(Pierre Abbat <phma@phma.hn.org> removed from recipient list, because the host does not respond.)

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Matt Arnold wrote:

Speaking of inactive volunteers, is this an effective list of them?

And Rosta
Adam D. Lopresto
Craig Daniel
Nick Nicholas
Charles Hope (xod)
Jordan de Long
Rob Speer
Adam Raizen

No.

And Rosta and Nick Nicholas explicitly resigned from the BPFK. Adam Lopresto has been a shepherd semi-recently. I'm unsure about the others.

Then I encountered this essay by Nick Nicholas, and it helped
immensely, especially the sections "The BPFK's Job" and "Manner Of
Operation". I feel Nick did an excellent job of explaining and I do
understand it. Please let me know your comments if your understanding
differs from his.
http://www.lojban.org/tiki/tiki-editpage.php?page=Mini-dictionary

I think you mean http://www.lojban.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Mini-dictionary&bl .

I think it is a useful document, though it reflects the intent of one BPFKJ (Nick) who is no longer active. Robin can and has strayed from that document in time past. E.g. the concordance tool that Nick talks about doesn't actually exist (we make do with web search and command-line IRC log search tools).

Also, Nick's suggestion that "all representative usage" be documented must be taken with a grain of salt; for instance, an index of all usages of "le" would be less than useless.

--
Arnt Richard Johansen                                http://arj.nvg.org/
Så mange ord som mulig per gram var utvelgelsesgrunnlaget da bøkene