[bpfk-announce] Re: BPFK

On 12/21/06, Adam D. Lopresto <adam@pubcrawler.org> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Matt Arnold wrote:

> On 12/21/06, Adam D. Lopresto <adam@pubcrawler.org> wrote:
> >
> In my opinion, BPFK members reviews should be artificially weighted in the
> scoring.

I don't see that as necessary at all.  It is, after all, just a game.

Not in order to improve your "game" score, but so that quality
translations can be given the jboselkei equivalent of Google Page Rank
for concordance purposes.

The real missing link is that jboselkei, at least as it currently describes
itself, is about translating English to Lojban.  So I can ask "translate
'foo'", but I can't ask "Please use the word {fu} in a sentence", without
first thinking of an English sentence that I hope translates that way.

There's nothing technically stopping it from being (ab)used that way, but if
that's a goal a lot of the support text should probably be altered.

I or someone will have to come up with a metric by which to score
that. Alternately, I'll imagine an entire new game. Two hours from now
I will be on vacation through New Years and have almost no plans for
how to spend the next eleven days, so I have time.

-Eppcott