[bpfk-announce] Re: PHPBB conversion?

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:45:11PM -0800, Jorge Llamb?as wrote:
> --- Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> > If people could please tell me how important it is to have the
> > old PHPBB stuff moved over to the Tiki, I'd appreciate it.  I'm
> > going to have to write the conversion code if that's important
> > to people.
>
> I don't think it's that important, as long as it remains
> accessible for reference.

OK.  I won't bother then.

> > Some indication that you've looked at the BPFK area on the Tiki
> > would be nice, too.
>
> I like your grouping things into sections, it makes things
> clearer.

Thanks.

> The sections you chose are similar to what I had for myself. The
> main difference is that I had numbers and indirect referers
> together with gadri, all as "determiners", and lerfu with
> pro-sumti, since I don't think a section on mathematics is
> particularly useful.

Ah, see, whereas in my case, if I do any actual non-administrative
BPFK work at all, it will be WRT mathematics more likely than not.

> In any case, would it be too cumbersome to automatically create a
> page for each cmavo with the current ma'oste definition? That
> would be a much better starting point for new definitions (if
> needed) than a clean slate, I think, and less intimidating. Also,
> we can more easily see in each case how significant any change
> being proposed is.

Hmmm.  Why not just link to the jbovlaste definition?

I'd prefer for a proposal page to have *everything* needed on it,
including proposed cmavo changes.  What I can do is create initial
pages for each section which list the selma'o and have jbovlaste
links for each member.

> Is there a new policy on shepherding? Nick didn't want more than
> two topics per shepherd, but that seems unrealistic unless you
> manage to coerce a lot more people into shepherding duty.

There is currently no such policy, and I have no plans to implement
one.

-Robin

--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***   I'm a *male* Robin.
"Constant neocortex override is the only thing that stops us all