[bpfk] Salutations!

Coi rodo,

The future of the BPFK is currently being discussed in the Members Meeting. Instructions on how to get there can be found on the main Lojban google group. I and others have made various proposals, which are now being discussed.

Why is your post in English? You do realize this is a Lojban language mailing list?
I don't speak Lojban fluently.

Does that mean that you're here to destroy Lojban, add malglico, and install your own pet proposals by dictatorial fiat?
fu'e Of course it does. I have come here because I want Lojban to be a language only I will enjoy using. I'm attempting to trick you all into adopting my proposals so that happens. fu'o xo'o

Seriously? You really want all of that?
Of course not. I do have some proposals I like, but none of them are particularly original, and most are straight up copied (with attribution of course, should I actually get a chance to propose them) from others who are more experienced. I'd like to make CAI part of UI, for instance. I don't want to rewrite the language or question its basic grammatical principles. Actually, I support backwards compatibility (as a goal, at least) and maintaining tradition. I'd just like for there to be some active body where such proposals can be considered and adopted, and the BPFK, in its current form, is not fulfilling that goal.

What is your actual proposal?
I want to establish an English language RFC process. An RFC, or request for comments, is a process where anyone can submit a proposal to create or update a standard (in this case, Lojban). The proposal is then open for public comment. Finally, a decision is made, usually by a committee, like the BPFK. I'd also like to open up membership in the BPFK (or the replacement, if it is replaced) to people who aren't fluent speakers. There are several people who really want to be involved in the process and can probably manage not to break everything (like, for instance, me). Including mi'a might perhaps bring in some new perspectives not currently represented on the committee. The exact way the RFCs are run would need to be worked out, although I have strong opinions on the subject (to use GitHub, for one). I would also like to better organize work on the CLL and catch it up to the current language standards, among other things. I have some ideas for that too, like the BPFK owning the CLL GitHub repository. For more details, please join the meeting chat.

Thank you,
mi'e .eris.