[dracyselkei] Re: Let's try this again.

I only reply here to things I have a useful reply to.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 02:40:59PM -0700, Theodore Reed wrote:
> On 9/21/07, Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> > First of all, my default here is the basic D&D universe (3rd ed
> > specifically) because "everybody knows that".  Except, of
> > course, that some people here *don't*.  If we can't come up with
> > something satisfying, though, we'll do that.
>
> "Basic D&D Universe"? I'm unaware of a basic setting.

The stuff presented in the player's handbok.  From WP:

    The current D&D "Core Setting" is largely based on Greyhawk, and
    the default pantheon of deities for D&D is largely taken from
    Greyhawk. The current edition of the Dungeon Master's Guide (3.5
    edition) pays visual tribute to Greyhawk's influence on the
    game, featuring on its cover a small map of the continent of
    Oerik etched onto a globe.

> > Arda (Tolkien's universe; bit underpowered for my taste unless
> > y'all want to play maiar or something)
>
> I'm not sure Tolkein ever really specified much about how magic
> works for this to be feasible.

I can wave my hands *real good*!  :)

> > Amber Chronicles universe (Zelazny) (my main reluctance here has
> > to do with not knowing if I can pull off courtly intrigue)
>
> I'm not sure you'd have to pull it off. That'd mostly be up to the
> players. The other thing to consider is the amount of "behind the
> other players' backs" RPing that would have to go on.

Yes, well, I wanted a small group (1-3) anyways.  :)

-Robin