Re: [jboske] more true (was: ka ka (was: Context Leapers))

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Jorge Llambias wrote:

> la xod cusku di'e
>
> >I have a little problem with ja'a + CAI. It emulates the UI, where a ui
> >covers .5 the truth scale and uinai covers the other. But it's the same
> >ui; here with ja'a and na it's a different cmavo and no "-nai".
>
> ja'anai = na
> nanai = ja'a
> ja'acu'i = nacu'i (= sort of)
>
> There are two cmavo for convenience, but it is the same scale
> covered by both.

I understood this; however this is most unlike UI.

> >Another issue with ja'a + CAI is that CAI can already float wherever it
> >likes in a bridi, and could modify the ".i" as well, so including ja'a
> in
> >there is totally redundant.
>
> {ja'a} is necessary so that we know we're talking about truth values.
> There is no free floating {cai}, it always attaches to the previous
> word. Attaching to {i} might be similar to attaching to {ja'a}, but
> it need not be.

It does if ja'acai works; the alternative being that CAI only refers to
emotions. Unless you want to start running exceptions here and there. I
don't.

--
Before Sept. 11 there was not the present excited talk about a strike
on Iraq. There is no evidence of any connection between Iraq and that