Re: [jboske] more true (was: ka ka (was: Context Leapers))

In a message dated 10/6/2002 3:15:51 PM Central Daylight Time, a.rosta@lycos.co.uk writes:

<<
> In the context of fuzzy logic, tall=1 either means he is the tallest
> imaginable, or that nobody can dispute that he's tall. This really
> correlates to an infinite height. However, Kareem may certainly be beyond
> the "tall enough" limit. Big deal.

Exactly. We must make sure that these two conceptual schemata are kept
distinct.

I took these as two posssible bases for a multivalent logic (maybe even fuzzy).  "Tall enough" looks like a function which would work on either of these (or any other) logic (apparently with a longer T, a shorter F and a steeper slope.

<<
> Another issue with ja'a + CAI is that CAI can already float wherever it
> likes in a bridi, and could modify the ".i" as well, so including ja'a in
> there is totally redundant.

What's a good convenient but unvague way to say "very X", then,
in contrast to "pretty X-ish"?

I still think it is a good idea to keep functions and comments separate -- for getting truth evaluations if nothing else.

<<
> I hope you don't mean that ja'axipibi melbi is less than melbi!

That is what I meant.

> I should think it means the le melbi is .8 on [0, 1] of melbi.

Obviously I disagree, but if there is some better way to indicate
'sort-of', then I don't care that much.

Maybe the best way for me to proceed would be to outline a
scheme using experimental cmavo, & then we can see if we can
find ways to do it with existing resources with comparable ease.

Personally, I would advise sorting iut the various things you are about before going into this.  "sorta" is a favorite function of mine and the dispute between the two of you seems to be between truth values and event quantities (or, in xod's case apparently, quantities in the event) -- or maybe just different ways of setting up the truth values.