Anything but tautologies (was: Re: [jboske] Re: [lojban] tautologies

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Jorge Llambias wrote:

> la xod cusku di'e
> > > No, even in that context I can't interpret it as {bai noda}.
> > > It's always {bai zo'e}, and {zo'e} can't be {noda}.
> >
> >Not even if noda is the commonly understood value? I believe your fi'o
> >rebla is zo'e; it's noda.
> "Your fi'o rebla" is not grammatical, if we can talk of a Jboglish
> grammar, so I don't know what you mean by that. If you tell me
> {do fi'o rebla fe'u prenu}, I will assume you think I have a tail.

do prenu fi'o rebla zo'e .i do prenu fi'o rebla noda .i la'edi'u cfipu fi

> >place.
> > >
> > > I see, but that's not how I understand the language. {li pa}
> > > for me is the number 1, not a function that takes the number
> > > 1 as a value.
> >
> >I never said that it took the number 1 as a value, but the converse: it
> >always spits out "1".
> I thought that the value that a function takes is the one that it
> spits. The sine function takes values in the -1 to +1 range.
> Is that wrong?

But sin "takes" (-00, 00) as arguments. Your use of the word "takes" threw
me off.

Anyway, whatever is in the 4th place of fancu needs to be interpreted as a
function. If I stick "1" in there, it can only mean a function that
returns "1" for all arguments, right? After all, if I had put "sin" in the
4th place, wouldn't that mean that the function was described by "sin"?

The tao that can be tar(1)ed
is not the entire Tao.
The path that can be specified
is not the Full Path.