Re: Anything but tautologies (was: Re: [jboske] Re: [lojban] tautologies

la xod cusku di'e

Yet in this case, I don't yet see how I could express the function "1" as
distinct from the value "1". Do you?

You didn't like my way of handling functions, because I use {makau}. In this case I would say {le du'u makau du li pa}. More interesting functions will use {ce'u} for the independent variable, so {le du'u makau sinso ce'u} (literally "what its sine is", would be the sine function. For example:

fancu li pai li no le du'u makau sinso ce'u
Pi is mapped to 0 by what its sine is.

mu'o mi'e xorxes