Re: [jboske] Quantifiers, Existential Import, and all that stuff

In a message dated 3/3/2002 10:18:56 PM Central Standard Time, lojbab@lojban.org writes:

Nothing new is needed, if Aristotle satisfies.  I believe that {me'iro da
broda cu brode} is a literal translation of the Aristotle approach.

Works for me.  So would {na'ero}.

<(Of course we could get into philosophical hot water if we debate whether
"not all" = "less than all" if "all" refers to something that does not
exist, but I'll leave that to someone else %^).>

Some fiddling is going to be needed in any case.