Re: [jboske] Lojban is fxxxed

la xod cusku di'e

I believe that one of the 10 coins in my pocket is painted green. If I
yank out a coin, I MUST admit there is a 1/10 chance of it being green.
There is no choice.

I have 10,000,000 coins. I have a scale I use to tell whether a coin is fake or not. For each coin, I can use the scale to tell that it is not fake: each coin weighs 1g. I have a bigger scale I can use to weigh them all together. In this scale, they weigh 9,999,995 g. I conclude that some coins must be fake, but I have no (easy) way of knowing which ones.

Would you say that I'm irrational because the scale I use does
not have infinite precision? Or should I just say that I have
no certain beliefs, given that I know that the scale I use
has finite precision?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

Help STOP SPAM: Try the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail