Re: [jboske] Lojban is fxxxed

la djan cusku di'e

Jorge says this is no paradox because it can be
resolved by saying where the quantifiers need to go. That assumes,
however, that it is legitimate to quantify into du'u clauses.

On the contrary, I'm saying it is not legitimate to quantify into du'u clauses and that is why there is no contradiction. (By "quantifying into" I understand moving the quantifier from the outer prenex to inside the du'u clause. That is not legitimate.)

roda poi se krici ko'a zo'u ko'a krici le du'u da jetnu TRUE
ko'a krici le du'u ro da poi se krici ko'a zo'u da jetnu FALSE

You only get a paradoxical contradiction if you take those two
to be equivalent. But they are not.

That gets you into trouble analogous to the other paradox
"Nine is necessarily greater than five, nine is the number of planets
in the solar system, so the number of planets in the solar system is
necessarily greater than five".

In every world it is the case that: nine is greater than five. In this world it is the case that: the number of planets is nine. It doesn't follow that: In every world it is the case that: the number of planets is greater than five.

mu'o mi'e xorxes