Re: [jboske] zi'o blanu

Invent Yourself scripsit:

> It's a mirror of the question of importing ro. Doesn't zi'o na blanu have
> the same set of valid no 0-tuples as does zi'o blanu? Consider zi'o jetnu
> zi'o, which should be considered the negation of zi'o jitfa zi'o, and a
> contradiction will emerge. If a statement and its negation are both false,
> the statement should be considered meaningless. Falsehood should not be
> considered the default truth value.

This Prolog-style model does not apply to sentences that are under negation.
The meaning of the negation of an ordinary n-place predicate is the set of
n-tuples that don't form truths when plugged into the predicate, so
na dunda's meaning is the set {..., {John, toy-1, xod}, ... }, because I have
not given you the toy named "toy-1".

By the same token, the extensional meaning of the selbri "zi'o na blanu"
is {()}, the set containing the singleton 0-tuple. So the bridi "zi'o
na blanu" is true.

--
What is the sound of Perl? Is it not the John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped jcowan@reutershealth.com