[jbovlaste] Re: Terminology in jbovlaste

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 12:03:53PM +0700, Yanis Batura wrote:
> Hi, Robin!
>
> I am looking for a way to implement chess terminology into
> jbovlaste.
>
> While I was able to add a new lujvo {slanydi'u} for "tower", with
> an additional gloss word "rook; chess", I can't add a new gloss
> word "knight; chess" for the existing definition of {xirma} in
> English. It seems that to do that I will have to add another
> definition of {xirma}. Is it correct?

Yes, that is correct.  gismu are sacred; see my other mail.

In addition, I don't see that xirma is a very good word for
"knight", but that's just me.  I certainly don't mind adding gismu
keywords, in general.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/