[jbovlaste] Re: [lojban] Re: French and Russian speakers needed, please.

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 02:03:11PM -0000, Dr EK Sklyanin wrote:
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> However, does the fixed-fields-length format work well with the
> multibyte UTF8 encoding which I am going to use (or, should I use an
> 8bit encoding, like KOI8-R?). And if it is compatible, then should I use
> the fields lengths exactly the same as in the English file?

We need it in UTF-8, but, feel free to use whatever encoding is
maximally convenient for you. We can very easily convert KOI8-R to
UTF-8, if necessary.

The current snarfgismu scripts process the Esperanto and Spanish
lists, which use a mix of fixed-width columns and tab delimiters.

While we shouldn't have any problems dealing with fixed field lengths
and UTF-8 data, it would probably be slightly easier to deal with tab
delimited data, anyways.

--
Jay Kominek <jkominek@miranda.org>