[jbovlaste] Re: [phma@phma.hn.org: notes in natlang defs entered by someone else]

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 09:20:51AM -0800, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> Should it be possible for one person to add a note to someone
> else's natlang word? Case in point: I found {ni'ablo} with the
> typical garbled def by noralujv, and wrote a clear one. Then I
> added {xasni'a}. The English word "submarine" can be used in both
> senses, so I wanted to add "See also {undersea!}" to it. But the
> word was entered by noralujv, so I can't.

The more general question is, "what are the notes on natlang words
for?".

I see basically two possibilities:

1.  They're only for notes about why that word was selected and
such; all "see also" sorts of things go under the Lojban word.

2.  They are appropriate for "see alse" notes and such.

AFAICT, jbovlaste is currently designed for option #1.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/