[jbovlaste] Re: Fur

On 7/1/06, Pierre Abbat <phma@phma.optus.nu> wrote:
On Friday 30 June 2006 22:41, Yanis Batura wrote:
> There is 'wool' {sunla}, but no 'fur'.
> {sirsunla} is suggested.
>
> Your opinions?

{sirsunla} sounds good to me, though it may be more restricted in usage
than "fur" because it's longer than {kerfa}. Maybe one would speak of
{tcokumte sirsunla}, because it's used as a fiber, but {mlatu kerfa}.

I think the difference between {sunla} and {kerfa} is similar to the
difference between {skapi} and {pilka}.

{kerfa} and {pilka} are body parts, like {xance} or {tuple} whereas {sunla}
and {skapi} are types of material, like {mapni} or {silka}.

mu'o mi'e xorxes