[jbovlaste] Re: Survey about jbovlaste

2006/8/18, Arnt Richard Johansen <arj@nvg.org>:
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Wang Xuerui wrote:

> What kind of new features do you hope to be in jbovlaste? (e.g. adding
> multiple natlang words at one time)
>
> Just a question. I'm now developing jbovlaste, and I don't know what to be
> included as "new feature". Every bright idea is expected. Don't stone me,
> please.

You've started developing Jbovlaste? Neat!

The only features I see as lacking in Jbovlaste (apart from mere wishlist
requests) are:

1) The ability to _delete_ one's own natlang words and valsi (to fix
    typos);

This one is simple to code and easy to understand.

2) The ability to vote _against_ a specific valsi, because one thinks it
    is ill-conceived and should not be in the dictionary;

Good idea. I think we can also give reasons for voting, then we can start to "debate" on jbovlaste!

3) Though this is I believe more Jay's territory, in the long run I think
    it is very important to be able to export LaTeX code that correctly
    displays all of Unicode. I believe there are some hanzi in the
    etymology field in parts of the English dictionary, these should
    display correctly in the output (currently they don't).

Hanzi exists in my Chinese translations, too. I don't think I'll solve the latter one -- I'm using Windows and I don't know any LaTeX though I've started learning it one month ago. Jay should do this.

All of these I'm pretty sure have been voiced before, in the project's
RequestTracker queue. Best of luck.

--
Arnt Richard Johansen                                http://arj.nvg.org/
Du klickar bara på en ikon så SER DU DITT LOKALA NÄTVERK.

--
If I'm correct, nothing will happen; but if I had a mistake, please tell me, and I'll definitely not to let it appear another time.

mu'o mi'e .uang. (I don't like {.uan.}, since I'm not ten thousand and my surname isn't Wan)