Re: number of alternatives?

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Pierre Abbat <phma@phma.optus.nu> wrote:

> What's the most we should allow in multiple-choice questions? Usually the max
> is 4 or 5, but some types of questions may have more.

Personally, I would prefer using the same number throughout. Four
choices makes it easier to construct the questions, five makes the
questions more discriminating (it makes guessing a little more
difficult), but on balance I think it's better to have more questions
with four choices than fewer with five choices.

>For instance:
>
> ma ma dunli le ka valsi
> 1. cinrai
> 2. ci'onrai