Re: some questions

On Monday 06 June 2011 12:19:43 .arpis. wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Pierre Abbat <phma@phma.optus.nu> wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 June 2011 22:54:18 .arpis. wrote:
> > > Grammar question. I can't guess whether or not it would be easier for
> > > someone Japanese, but I eliminated 3 of the 5 choices by the fact that
> >
> > they
> >
> > > clearly don't fit, and looked up bo'u to check that it wasn't some
> > > important cmavo I didn't know.

"Zou wa hana ga nagai" is a well-known example of the Japanese topic-comment
structure. Except for the article, which Japanese lacks, it is word-for-word
the same as the Lojban.

> > Can you come up with some questions for the rest of us to try?
>
> I'm not really sure what to ask... Is there a resource these questions are
> expected to be based on?

See http://groups.google.com/group/lojban-lbck/topics for previous
discussions.

http://www.transparent.com/language-resources/tests.html has links to some
tests of a similar form. Xorxes posted links to two of them, but they have
moved.

Here are some previous questions:

"lo _cipnrkuku_ cu _punji_ le ri _sodva_ le zdani be lo _drata_ cipni"
A. cipnrkuku
B. punji
C. sodva
D. drata
E. _no se srera_ (written for example in some other font)

A. <u> </u>
B. <u>be</u>
C. <u>bei</u>
D. <u> </u>
E. <i>no se srera</i>

zo ci'onrai ma dunli lo ka valsi
A. zo cikrai
B. zo cimrai
C. zo cinrai
D. zo citrai

ma na taidra fu'ivla
A. zoi ly .ai'erne .ly
B. zoi ly .urartu .ly
C. zoi ly. kartuli .ly
D. zoi ly. kafkaso .ly
E. zoi ly. tirkce .ly

ro _____ cu smani
A. cimpanzi
B. tcimpanzi
C. tcimpazi
D. timpanzi
E. ctimpanzi

mi cpacu _____ jaspu le jansu
A. lo
B. pu
C. goi
D. do
E. na

The questions will be in groups, of which some will be selected randomly, and
for some questions (the ci'onrai one, but not the cuckoo one) the answers
will be permuted randomly. An answer key will be printed separately. I have a
partly written database schema for this.

There will be at least four levels of proficiency: gismu, lujvo, fu'ivla up to
type 3, and type-4 fu'ivla. There may be other levels between or above those.

Pierre
--
sei do'anai mi'a djuno puze'e noroi nalselganse srera