[lojban-announcements] Help with CLLv1.1 needed. Mostly does *NOT* require Lojban skill.

OK, so, I'm working on CLLv1.1.  That is: CLL without any content
changes (except errata, but see below about that part), moved to a
format that we can work with easily to generate a book *or* a web
version.

This email will be pretty opaque to you unless you have experience
with XML and VCS systems (particularily git).  If you have a burning
desire to help anyways (particularily with the manual labour parts),
please come on IRC and ask for help.  Mention rlpowell by name.

The help I need right now is two fold:

1.  Look at the source, in particular Chapter 5 sections 1 and 2,
which are completely marked up by hand by me, and tell me if you can
think of anything else that should be done *at the data structure
level*.  (You can see the HTML output at
http://teddyb.org/~rlpowell/public_media/docbook-cll-test/selbri.html
; any comments on visual appearence will make me very cranky, we're
not there yet.)  Like, maybe you want another index, or another
glossary, or more structure to the examples, or .....  Basically, if
you can think of any case where in the future we might go "Crap, I
wish we'd done special markup for the frobnitzes", now is the time
to think of it.

2.  Loooooots of manual labour; see the "TODO" file for help needed.
It's all, unfortunately, very brain dead, but it really needs to get
done.  Please help!

How to do it:

Checkout dag-cll (it's a git repo, at git@github.com:dag/cll.git ;
github page is https://github.com/dag/cll ) and read the TODO and/or
look at the source.

To submit your changes, feel free to send me a patch personally, or
do the github fork/pull request thing; see
http://help.github.com/pull-requests/

A small word of warning:

    IF YOU MAKE CONTENT CHANGES, I WILL EAT YOUR CHILDREN.

    Seriously.  I will come to your house and nom-nom-nom.  I'm not
    even joking.  If you don't have kids, I'll find something else
    important and eat that.  Like your arms.

OK, I *am* joking, but I will be very upset, and you will be banned
from helping with this project, and probably BPFK stuff in general,
like, forever.  Or until I forget.

If you see a content problem, either post to the BPFK list or update
http://www.lojban.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=CLL%2C+aka+Reference+Grammar%2C+Errata

-Robin

--
http://singinst.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.
Lojban (http://www.lojban.org/): The language in which "this parrot

--
The mail came from the "Lojban Announcements" Google Group.  You are probably not subscribed to that group directly.  All mails to this group are forwarded to all major Lojban groups.  See http://www.lojban.org/tiki/Lojbanic+Forums for details about what this list is for, including how to contact the management.