[lojban] Re: Lojban question

--- stewartberntson wrote:

> Well, I just got interested in lojban today,

May I ask how you came to know about lojban?

> so I am not exactly an expert, but given time,
> I will try to build a grammer... keeping in mind that
> it will likely be VERY limited to begin with, pertaining
> mostly to the aforesaid computer-phone interface,
> instead of being for multi-purpose everday use.

Speech-recognition for lojban has been talked of before, but I
don't think its value lies in being understandable in loud
environments. Lojban sticks to five easily differentiated vowels,
but so does Spanish. Lojban's virtue is its unambiguous and
easily-parsed grammar, which should make life easier for
whoever will eventually pioneer the technology.

I don't consider this to be the main goal of lojban, though. Voice
recognition is being made for natural languages already, even if
it requires relatively more work than lojban would require.
Lojban's main goal is to improve thought by making it easier to
express ideas.

mu'o mi'e .okus.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GSaulB/TM