Loglish: A Modest Proposal

Hi,

In the spirit of irritating and hopefully also intriguing and/or
entertaining the nice people on this list, I present the following hastily
typed-in Web page:

http://www.goertzel.org/new_research/Loglish.htm

which proposes a "new" language defined as a hybridization of English and
Lojban.

The language definition is rough and probably needs some kinks worked out,
but I guess the basic idea should be clear to anyone who knows the rudiments
of Lojban (which is all I know...).

Probably many people have thought of defining a language of this nature, but
I haven't seen the idea formalized or explicitly described anywhere (if you
know of some source that I've overlooked, please let me know).

As noted at the end of the document, I fully realize that Loglish as I
define it does not fulfill all the goals of Lojban, but I think it does
fulfill the goal of being a language grounded in predicate logic which would
be significantly easier to gain true, full conversational and written
fluency in than Lojban.

Followup thoughts are welcome...

-- Ben Goertzel