Re: [lojban] baby words, sort of: catlu vs. zgana

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 06:44:32PM -0300, Jorge Llambías wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Robin Lee Powell
> <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 08:17:07PM -0300, Jorge Llambías wrote:
> >>
> >> catlu = troci lo nu viska
> >> zgana = troci lo nu ganse
> >
> > Wait, *what*?  How the hell did {troci} get in there?  Neither
> > definition implies "attempts to" in any way at all.
>
> The goal of catlu is viska, but it's possible to catlu and fail to
> viska.

*chuckle*

Come on, xorxes; we've been playing this game long enough that you
should know that you making a bare assertion like that isn't good
enough.

Again: I see no evidence at all in the definitions that what you
just said is actually, ya know, *true*.  How do you justify it?

It would be really nice if, instead of making me drag the entire
chain of thought in your head out one link at a time, you would
generate the next 3 links or so and save us both some trouble.

-Robin

--
http://singinst.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.
Lojban (http://www.lojban.org/): The language in which "this parrot