Re: [lojban] baby words, sort of: catlu vs. zgana

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Robin Lee Powell
<rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 06:44:32PM -0300, Jorge Llambías wrote:
>>
>> The goal of catlu is viska, but it's possible to catlu and fail to
>> viska.
>
> *chuckle*
>
> Come on, xorxes; we've been playing this game long enough that you
> should know that you making a bare assertion like that isn't good
> enough.
>
> Again: I see no evidence at all in the definitions that what you
> just said is actually, ya know, *true*.  How do you justify it?
>
> It would be really nice if, instead of making me drag the entire
> chain of thought in your head out one link at a time, you would
> generate the next 3 links or so and save us both some trouble.

I just didn't think I was saying anything so remarkable. The first
definition of "look" I find in
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/look is:
"to turn one's eyes toward something or in some direction in order to see"

If you think the relationship between "catlu" and "viska" is other
than the relation between "look" and "see", or if you can find a more
precise way to express that relation than with "troci", please do.

In any case, your original question was about how to distinguish
"catlu" from "zgana", and the important part of my reply was that
zgana is to ganse as catlu is to viska.

mu'o mi'e xorxes