Subject: Re: [lojban] A wide variety of comments...

From: Christopher Reid Palmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:00:05 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/rlpowell/lojban.html

You're missing an </EM> tag after `Loglan', and the image has a white
background but the page is grey. I hate that. Crop the extraneous white
area so that it isn't any bigger than the word, and either make the image
transparent (PNG format can do this) or make the page white. Couldn't hurt
to give it ALT text, remove the ALIGN attribute, and enclose it in H! tags
rather than P tags (it's a header, mark it up that way).

The `no frames?' link should not have a question mark and should load in
the parent, not in the current frame (target="_parent").

Sites like these can benefit from the use of nice HTML elements like CITE
and the like.

> The only substantial visual change is the common leftwise alignment of
> the stuff in the middle, which I can fix if you like.

Body text, intended to be read by people, should always be left-aligned, I
think.

--
Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com

`There's no one here...and people everywhere.' --Bjork