Subject: Re: [lojban] RECORD: connective order

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:24:58 PDT

la pycyn cusku di'e

>Connectives (and quantifiers) expand in left to right order, so A a B C e 
>D
>is
>A C e D ija B C e D.
>(Can this be altered by, for example using prefix forms? But that does, in
>fact, put the the connective first, I suppose.

I think it doesn't change anything. ga A gi B C e D should still
expand as before.

>Are there things like
>parentheses for this?

The only thing that occurs to me that could make a difference
is {bo}. Maybe A abo B C e D does expand the other way?
It's still dubious though, because {bo} already has another
function, and it will conflict in more complex cases.

>Does the difference between sumti connective and
>various predicate connective make a difference?)

Obviously selbri connectives should expand before trailing
sumti, but I don't know what happens with the sumti in front
of the selbri. They probably should expand first. This may
cause conflict with negation though, let's see:

ko'a e ko'e na broda gi'a brode

Is that:

ko'a na broda gi'a brode
ija ko'a na broda gi'a brode

where {e} went to {ija} because of the negation, or is it
something else?

co'o mi'e xorxes

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com