Subject: Re: [lojban] Every "which" way?

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 23:25:31 +0200

la lojbab cusku di'e

> But I would understand ki'a correctly here. The speaker says "mi'o klama 
> fo le dargu", and the respondent does not understand which the speaker has 
> in mind, so he says "le ki'a dargu".
> 
> Now perhaps you want to have the first speaker ask the question when no one 
> has talked about "le dargu", in which case ki'a indeed is not the way to 
> ask. I would try something like "ma po'u pa le darlu".

I don't think there's a problem with using ki'a even when there was 
no explicit mention of what it seeks to clarify. After all, le dargu or 
the general idea of it (if not the specific words) is in everyone's 
mind anyway.

I think that often you can use just 'ma', i.e. "mi'o klama fo ma". 
Generally omitting the fact that you're thinking of a 'dargu' and not, 
for example, a 'klaji' won't cause any confusion.

Concerning the 'me le zunle moi (co) dargu' answer to the question, 
you could phrase the question as memamoi (co) dargu, instead of 
xomoi, since you're not really asking for a number.

co'o mi'e adam