Subject: Re: [lojban] Help with fiction

From: "LYlun.martins." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 18:08:15 -0300

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 01:43:46PM -0700, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> 
> But if information wants to be free, why do they keep
> information about themselves secret?

That's part of the plot, and a complex part :-) but to make it
short, they don't really keep themselves secret. Only that most
people who hear about them don't believe it because the Cabal's
enemies work hard to make the people think the idea of secret
societies running the world is absurd.

On the other hand they _do_ have to keep their activities from
their enemies. They are a humorous bunch and they realize the
irony of it - the champions of free information have to keep
their acts secret from the champions of secrets, who can on the
other hand act in the open because they control the press.

So as a tribute to that irony they call themselves a Cabal
(while the other side calls itself a Union).

[]s,
|alo
+----
--
Hack and Roll ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo mailto:[email-masked]
pgp key in the personal page

Brazil of Darkness (RPG) --- http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar