Subject: Re: [lojban] (Technical) Problem area in v3 grammar

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:01:37 -0400

At 11:39 PM 05/19/2000 +0100, Richard Curnow wrote:

>	pu zi gi le masti gi le vensa mi klama le zdani
>
>Unfortunately not! The pu is 'absorbed' into the tense associated with
>the 'gi' construct, so the whole pu..vensa phrase becomes the x1 of klama,
>instead of 'mi', which becomes x2.

I agree that this is a serious problem. A quick-and-dirty fix, involving
no new cmavo and only one new grammar rule, is to add

mod_head_490 term_set_85

as a new alternative for modifier_84. Then the above example can be written:

pu nu'i zigi le masti gi le vensa nu'u mi klama le zdani

This only extends the language and does not prohibit anything that existed
before. Yacc does not complain.

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)