Subject: Re: [lojban] Help: sexual words

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:01:59 -0400

At 07:05 PM 06/02/2000 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>Going over this thread, I see that we need either a decree from those on high
>(who dat?) or a recognition of usage or something to sort out the various
>uses of gletu and cinse -- and maybe pendo and prami -- to deal with the
>various ways in which people are sexual/gendered/ socialized and express
>same.

I figure about 5 years of baselining oughta enable enough different 
cultures to get their re fepni in to have some bare minimal hope for us to 
sort this out in a more culturally neutral manner.

There are some issues that are simply too hot to handle until we can handle 
them talking only in Lojban with speakers from a dozen cultures including a 
couple non-European ones. Until then, we don't really know what the words 
mean (we may know some things about what the words don't mean, but that 
tends to be the sort of stuff you can tell from place structures).

Good topic for LogFest, if there is interest. (Not to say we can't talk 
about it on Lojban List).

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org