Subject: Re: [lojban] (Technical) Problem area in v3 grammar

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 100 14:53:21 -0400 (EDT)

Richard Curnow scripsit:

> Having had another day to think about this, I think John's suggested
> modification to grammar.300 provides more generality than is actually
> required to fix the problem.

True.

> I believe the minimal change needed is to redefine term<83> to look like
> this :
> 
> term<83> = sumti | tag /NUhI/ sumti | tag /KU#/ | FA # (sumti | /KU#/) | termset | NA KU #
> 
> i.e. make it optional to insert nu'i between a tag and the following
> sumti.

That works, but it creates two entirely separate functions for "nu'i":

1)	starts a termset, with elidable terminator "nu'u",

2)	optionally joins a tag to a following sumti.

(BTW, "nu'i" is not really elidable here, since elidability is a
terminator property; rather it is optional.)

-- 
John Cowan [email-masked]
Yes, I know the message date is bogus. I can't help it.
--me, on far too many occasions