Subject: Re: [lojban] (Technical) Problem area in v3 grammar

From: "Clark & Janiece Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 18:14:10 -0700

mi'e .klark.

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
> Richard Curnow scripsit:
>
> > Having had another day to think about this, I think John's suggested
> > modification to grammar.300 provides more generality than is
actually
> > required to fix the problem.
>
> True.

zu'unai le te galfi pe la djan. jai se jetnu la'e le jufra be ne'i la
mulno lojbo bangu xi pano pi'e reze be'o po'u zoi gy. It is grammatical
for a termset to be placed after a tense or modal tag .gy. .ibo le go'i
cu vimcu lo sezna'e le cukta

fe'o

On the other hand, John's modification would make true the statement
from The Complete Lojban Language, chapter 10, section 27: "It is
grammatical for a termset to be placed after a tense or modal tag," thus
removing a contradiction from the Book.

Clark