Subject: Request for lujvo

From: Raphael <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 07:34:14 +0000

Hi!
I just made two programs, called
ciskrtengua fanvyselpli
(ciskrtengua fanva bo se plino)
and
ciskrtengua rolylervelci'a bo fanvyselpli
(ciskrtengua ke ro lerfu ve ciska ke'e bo ke fanva se plino ke'e)

Unfortunately, these names are far too long for daily use and,
especially, unsuitable for naming executable files. Unfortunately too, I
have been unable to find short names that are both correct Lojban AND
carry some of the meaning of the full names.

My attemps were:
tengfaplin/tengrfanplin/tengufan
tenglerfaplin/tengroler

These are, IMO, much too poor, and it seems like I have a problem with
"ten" which is a rafsi for something that hasn't anything to do with
writing. On the other hand, it is quite necessary for these programs to
convey "teng" somewhere in their names.

Could it be possible to make Lojban names that are abbreviations of
other Lojban constructs, and understood as such ? If yes, how ?
('ctengyfysyp' or 'ctengrylyvycyfysyp' do not sound right to me)

Any other ideas ?

Thanks in advance,
raph

PS: do the names that I chose carry the meaning that I intended to give
them ? Especially, I wonder if my use of "ro" in a tanru/lujvo is right.

PS2: the background work which leads to these two programs, together
with the two programs themselves (and others!), will be available as
soon as I get all the vocab. issues solved.