Subject: Re: [lojban] Mi za'o klama

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:19:08 PDT

la pier cusku di'e

>Ru'a mi za'o klama la Painvil la Ralix.

Without further context, my first interpretation is that
you are still going from R to P even though one would
expect that you no longer make that trip. For example,
if you live in R and used to work in P but you no longer
work there, then you may still be going from R to P every
day, maybe you just can't shake the habit.

Another possible context I can think of is this: the trip
from R to P normally takes 20 minutes. You left R two hours
ago but you run into a major trafic jam and so you are
still stuck on the road. So you are still going from R to P,
well past the natural ending point of the event.

>Did I go past Pineville and wind up in
>Rock Hill, or did I go all the way through Charlotte and find myself in
>Pineville?

I can't really get either of those meanings. If you went
past Pineville, why would you say that you are still on your
way to Pineville, or that you keep going there? It doesn't
sound right to me.

co'o mi'e xorxes

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com