Subject: Re: [lojban] xirli'u selsanga

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:54:29 PDT

la aulun cusku di'e

>I've put your translation of "Cancion de Jinete" onto my site
>http://www.fa-kuan.muc.de/GARCIA.RXML and also added an audio
>sample (I'm not too sure if the pronunciation is okay: .O'e but
>.o'Enai?).

Cmavo can be stressed very freely. I tend to say o'eNAI.

>BTW, zo'u darno .o'enai: 1) Is it possible to put a brivla (gismu)
>together with an attitudinal? (I'd think so)

Yes, attitudinals can go almost anywhere.

>2) darno refers to Cordoba -
>doesn't o'enai refer to the speaker?? (not to Cordoba!)

darno refers to both the speaker and Cordoba, it's the
relationship between them. In Lojban this is clearly a
relationship, but I think the original also suggests that.
We don't seem to have (yet) any word for lonely, and I
didn't want to use a monster cryptic lujvo there, so I
went with an attitudinal.

"Lejana y sola" of course refers to Cordoba, but what the
poet says and what the poet expresses are not always the
same thing, right? I certainly felt that it was the speaker
projecting his lonelyness. My first impulse was to use i'inai,
the opposite of "togetherness", but this turns out not
to be loneliness but privacy!

Ideas for "lonely", anyone?

co'o mi'e xorxes

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com