Subject: Re: [lojban] RE:character names

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:52:26 -0400

John Cowan writes:
>[email-masked] wrote:
>
>> It is important to note that these names are not for the characters per se
>> but for them in some particular function.
>
>Many characters have standardized names that describe only one of their
>functions. # is called NUMBER SIGN by ISO and Unicode, but also serves as
>a pound (weight) sign in the U.S. 

You know, I've heard people _call_ it the pound sign, but I've _never_
seen it used that way IRL.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
... stripped of our uniqueness as human beings by Darwin, exposed to our
own inadequacies by Freud, ... Power -- "the ability to bring about our
desires" -- is all that we have left. --- Michael Korda, _Power!_