Subject: Re: [lojban] RE: opposite of za'o

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 09:48:51 PDT

la pier cusku di'e

>Well, according to jbofi'e, "fe'e nanca" isn't grammatical either.

jbofi'e is correct.

In any case, {fe'e nanca} is a bit strange for {lumna'a}.
It is really giving a spatial setting to the nanca relationship,
which is not the same as turning it into a spatial measure.
A year might be different in different locations, even
non-relativistically, so it does make sense to give it
spatial tenses.

>As to "fe'efe'e", I figured that time is real, the space dimensions are the
>three imaginaries, i, j, and k, and i^2=-1, so "fe'efe'e" turns positive 
>time
>into negative time.

It does make sense mathematically, but I can't bend my mind
around it linguistically...

co'o mi'e xorxes

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com