Subject: Re: [lojban] Opposite of za'o

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:46:36 -0400

Jorge Llambias wrote:

> I don't see it. The event of my building a house does not cause
> the event of culmination of my building a house.

The process of building a house brings forth the achievement of
house-is-built. For another example, the process of fighting a
war brings forth victory (or defeat or a negotiated settlement);
battles like the Battle of New Orleans are in the "za'o" period.

(For non-Usonians, this battle was fought in 1815 between the U.S. and the
U.K. after the peace treaty had been signed, because the combatants
had not yet been informed. Although the U.S. gained none of its
war aims, it did win this battle -- catapulting the successful
general to the Presidency.)

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)