Subject: Re: [lojban] Opposite of za'o

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:42:07 PDT

la ivAn cusku di'e

>You explain and explain --> the audience
>understands.

Right, once the audience understood, what goes on after is
just going through the motions. You can also be going through
the motions before the audience even begins to understand,
before the "natural beginning" of the explanation, "he was
explaining the problem for too long before starting to
explain it".

>You put brick
>on brick --> a house makes an appearance.

You excavate and then fill up the holes, you move the bricks
form here to there, you build a wall and tear it down, lots
of building activity but no sign of the house yet.

>Hence my
>interpretation of {za'o}: process continues after its effect
>is obtained.

And it has a counterpart in a process that occurs before its
effectiveness kicks in.

co'o mi'e xorxes

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com