Subject: Re: [lojban] Middle of nowhere

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:48:49 PDT

la pier cusku di'e

> > Is "mi zvati vu roda" a good way to say "We're in the middle of 
>nowhere"?

i pe'i go'i

i la xod cusku di'e

>I assume you meant mi'o zvati vu noda?

{mi} can mean "we" in some cases, but here {mi'o} is probably
better than {mi}, since presumably the listener is also
included.

But {vu noda} means "far from nowhere", i.e. not far from anywhere,
right in the middle of things, the opposite of what is wanted.

>Try mi'o zvati ne'i le kunti.

Or {mi'o zvati le midju be le kunti}.

>How about mi'o zvati zi'o (since the list has been so quiet lately!)

If it weren't for the philosophical places of {zasti},
I would say {mi'o zvati zi'o} was the same as {mi'o zasti}.

co'o mi'e xorxes

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com