Subject: Re: [lojban] lojban & vim (version 2.0) (fwd)

From: Cyril Slobin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 23:19:52 +0400 (MSD)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Daniel Gudlat wrote:

> Bah, why would anyone use a slow, multi-MB editor, but let's not start
> THAT war here again, please.

OK ;-)

> I'll have a look at it when next trying myself against one of Michael
> Helsem's stories... But since I'm very much a lb beginner (too little
> time to make real progress :-( ) I doubt I'll catch a lot of errors.

Any feedback would be useful. BTW, when I have read Helsem's stories
with hiliting on, there _was_ some formal errors detected. Mostly
forbidden consonsnt clusters. Just now (while typing this answer) I've
try to look to some text from www.lojban.org archive, and about half of
them (I pick texts for test at random, so it's not any good statistics
data anyway, but...), so, about half of them _has_ morphologycal errors
that hiliting makes literally obvious. Examples:

in text "red death" two new-invented lujvo (xabcacra and bebxamtigni)
have forbidden "bc" an "bx" inside, gismu "traci" is ivalid.

in text "credo" cmene "pontius.pilatus" has invalid "la" inside.

etc...

I'm not going to criticize the authors (translators), but my tool (yes,
this is promotion! ;-) helps to avoid such errors while yet typing.

P.S. I'm very sorry for _English_ typos. I want to sleap deadly and I
haven't such a nice tool for _English_ language. ;-)

[co'o mi'e kir. noi djica lenu sipna]

-- 
Cyril Slobin <[email-masked]>