Subject: Tools

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:44:41 EDT

Having mentioned what we (mass sense - somebodies in here) want, I should 
note what all we have.

Logflash
It's archaic technologically, but it does work better than any attempted 
substitute. It runs on DOS and most people can get it to run on emulators of 
one sort or another. It would be nice to have it more universally available, 
for antisatyrs and the like. It would also be nice to update it, to cover 
more effectively rafsi, lujvo, cmavo, and whatever else have you (these 
latter presumably more about word lists than programming).

Parser
Again, this works and is the definitive statement of Lojban grammar, at least 
up to some minorish glitches whose resolutions are still in limbo, but that 
rarely occur anyhow for now. It also runs regularly on DOS, however several 
unofficial but pretty reliable versions exist for other systems, the most 
discussed being jbofi'e (for Linux) from Richard Curnow, [email-masked]. It 
is also a 

Glosser
another glosser is at http://www.barsoom.net/lojban/hezekiah/glossary.cgi

Random Sentence Generator.
The official one is from an earlier version of the grammar than the baselined 
version. However, most of the changes were additions so that most sentences 
generated are still grammatical. A revision of this might find a (low 
priority) place on the projects list.

Intro Courses
At least the first six lessons of Robin-the-Turk's course are clean (so far 
as reviewers can tell) and are available at 
http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin/lojbancourse.html. Apparently a Swedish 
version exists. There may be other courses out there, including a file from 
long ago at the official site.

Word look-up
Robin-the-Canuck dropped a gismu & cmavo look-up program into this list a few 
months ago. It should be in the archives. Failing that, there is always 
Search.

Finally, the two most central tools
THE BOOK -- all questions answered somewhere in there, if you read it right
Lojban List -- for everything else, our panel of self-appointed (but user 
tested) experts will deal with any residual problems, like whether something 
really works whatever the parsers says or how do you say... .