Subject: Re: [lojban] Saying "also" or "too" in Lojban

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 18:29:36 GMT

>Suppose someone says to you, "mi prami la lojban." (which, as I
>understand it, means, "I love Lojban.")

I'm not sure Lojban {prami} has the meaning of "really like"
that English "love" has. I think {prami} is more for emotional
love, but I may be wrong.

>and you want to say, in
>Lojban, "I love Lojban too." How can you do it?

mi ji'a prami la lojban
I (in addition to you) love Lojban.

Notice that the position of {ji'a} is important.
In other positions it has other meanings:

i mi prami ji'a la lojban
I love Lojban (in addition to other relations
between me and Lojban, foe example, I study Lojban
and I love it too).

i mi prami la lojban ji'a
I love Lojban too (in addition to loving other things).

i ji'a mi prami la lojban
In addition to other things stated, I love Lojban.

All of them could be translated as "I love Lojban too" with
suitable pronunciation.

co'o mi'e xorxes

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com