Subject: Re: [lojban] le stura be la gihuste

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:58:36 -0400

At 09:02 PM 08/22/2000 +0200, Elrond wrote:
>mi ba'e ba'o djica le zu'o mi fanva la gihuste la fasybau

Using ba'o there rather than pu'o means that you are in the aftermath of 
wanting to translate the list, whereas context suggests that you wanted pu'o

>.iku'i oio'onaisai mi pu fapro le stura be la gihuste le ka klijmi je
>dikni je ke zu'o galfi ke'ebo frili

The current structure of the gismu list is designed for 
LogFlash. Translations need not abide by the structure, and perhaps should 
not try to do so. AFTER a translation is done, a LogFlash-compatible 
structure could be devised for French Lojbanists who might wish to use 
LogFlash with French to Lojban keywords.

>.i semu'i

Probably you want isemu'ibo, because otherwise you have a prepositional 
phrase that ends with (and absorbs) the "mi" and suggests that this 
predication (camcpedu) is the mu'i motive for you (your existence?).

>mi camcpedu fi le ciska be la gihuste be'okuce le jundi
>be tu'a le skami be la lojban be'obe'okuce roda poi kurji joi se cinri lo
>skami co'e pe la lojban ku'o fe lo nunsnu be lo cnino stura
>
>.i mi ca'o te sidbo lo cnino stura .iganai do djuno djica gi mi ba za'o te
>pinka (to bauku'i la glibau mu'i le nu pluja toi)
>
>ki'e
>co'o mi'e rafael

Following the practice of Evguenie Sklyanin, who is doing a Russian 
translation of the gismu list, I suggest that you translate several gismu 
using whatever structure you prefer, and post your translation for comment 
by French-competent Lojbanists.

(Please pardon if I missed something in your intent in a VERY quick reading 
of your post - I don't use glossers or wordlists very often, and in any 
case have to leave immediately to pick up my daughter so I can't spend time 
checking my understanding. But anyone who MIGHT want to work on Lojban 
materials translation gets my positive encouragement, however you choose to 
do it).

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org