Subject: Re: [lojban] lujvo & tanru

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:56:57 -0400

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Invent Yourself wrote:
>Have I said yet that I suspect that "true" Lojbanic style might include
>extremely long tanru? Perhaps it is malglico, or in any case non-Lojbanic,
>to desire small words with poignancy. Perhaps the spirit of Lojban is to
>achieve such shades of meaning not by relying on a huge, historical,
>subtle vocabulary, but by constructing detailed nuanced tanru on the spot.
>
>By "true" of course I mean trying to go where the internal logic
>and flow of the language takes us, rather than trying to aim it in a
>pre-declared direction. The existence and beauty of ke and bo hint and
>encourage us to take tanru in a direction that English doesn't want to.
>
>A tendency in this direction would address the Great Dictionary Problem,
>and give us some SW effects by providing us with a new, rather poetic,
>dynamic skill. In English we pause for a moment and try to recall the One
>Right Word, whereas perhaps in Lojban we should pause for a moment and
>construct a monstrous tanru with kes and bos. Unstacking ke and bo might
>be an easier skill then de-lujvo-izing, recalling rafsi, and figuring out
>the place structure of an unfamiliar lujvo.
>
>Whatever the case may be, since this is a very un-Englishistic habit, I
>think I will try to develop it!

bau le sauxindo je'a le nu clani tanru finti .e le nu clani lujvo finti cu kampu
.i ri'anai le sauxindo bangu cu claxu zo ke .e zo bo

.i ra tolclaxu zo lu po'u zoi xy. iti .xy

co'o mi'e pier.