Subject: Re: [lojban] World-historical and religious figures in Lojban

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:27:50 GMT

>From: "David Twery" <[email-masked]>
li'o
> >I wasn't sure I could use {soldji} in a recent post as an example
> > because I thought perhaps Lojban had forbidden {ldj} on the grounds that
>it
> > would not be distinct from {lj}, just as {ndj}, {ndz}, {ntc} and {nts} 
>are
> > forbidden. But this is not so.
>
>I suspect that {ndj}, {ndz}, {ntc} and {nts} are banned as a carry-over 
>from
>Loglan,

i suspect that the fact that in english such sounds after -L- are far rarer 
than after -N- ("bilge" is a famous unrhymable) may have something to do 
with it.
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.