Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: learning lojban

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:09:42 -0400

"michael helsem" writes:
>
>>From: "Garrett Jones" <[email-masked]>
> li'o
>>If you think this list
>>would be useful, i could upload it into the files section.
>>
>
>jinvi ledu'u ri pilno vlipa

OK, I need some clarification here. I read that as:

"I opine that [the list] has powerful uses."

My problem is with 'pilno vlipa'. I believe that that is inteded to say
something like 'powerful use', but the order is 'using type-of power' or
'something that is used in the way that power is used', which has
different implications entirely and implies that the list in question is
a type of power.

Am I missing something?

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Despite not getting very emotional about it, the fact that quantum
entanglement doesn't allow transmission of information is probably the
most profound dissapointment I've ever experienced. -- RLPowell